Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tags: Bleak, 300, Signifier as Process

Cat Woman leaves town in T-minus 5 days and then Batman will have his faithful Boy Wonder returned to his side. I am bleak about having missed out on 300, the PBR tall boys (Did I ever mention having dressed up as a PBR tall boy for Halloween once? Everybody wanted a drink.), and the ceiling vomit.

Michael doesn't know it, but I think indirectly about him now every time I take a piss at home. He purchased a book, Letters to Wendy's by Joe Wenderoth, that has found its way to our toilet with his blessings. I will quote:

'August 26, 1996
Very high on marijuana brownies, I could not speak today at the register. I kept stepping aside for other customers and staring hard at the menu. I was overwhelmed at the chicken sandwich pictured there, but had no words for it. I kept saying, "there, that one... the man dressed like a woman." It's hard to get served when one understands the signifier as a process.'

No comments: