Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas was cancelled; my birthday wasn't.

First, before anything else: Dick's little brother is going to play soccer in college. YES!




Yesterday we cooperatively concluded that the roads were too bad to drive to Kenmore in the morning for a traditional holiday with the Garrett side.
I won't discuss what we did any further than stating that I didn't get out of my pajamas all day Christmas.




Early this morning my mother unilaterally decided to send an e-mail out to all our good local family and friends to invite them over for a "leftovers" party at our house. The social circles were split by gender:
a) In my brother's bedroom the teenage boys were playing Guitar Hero and debating rap vs. classic rock. An out-of-context line from this: "adult strength is crazy!" Then I went downstairs and...
b) In the kitchen the men were eating oyster stew and discussing sales of tire chains on Craigslist.com, while...
c) The women (there's only one teenage female anymore; all the rest of us are at least 21) were in the living room, all saying how much periods suck.

I kid you not.

Other mentionables:

1) For my 24th birthday, which I suppose is happening right now, I received another Gigantic Pine Cone to add to my Gigantic Pine Cone Family. I think I'll name this one Doris. Tiana mentioned that the sight of the Gigantic Pine Cone looked like a sea cucumber, which brings us to this other mentionable:
2) Apparently, sea cucumbers can die of suffocation if condoms are strapped to their breathing end. Which begs the question, what kind of research was being done with these sea cucumbers that necessitated the application of condoms? "Sand catching"?
3) In Apples-to-Apples, Clyde paired the adjective "worldly" to the noun "sailors".
4) Dickie's little brother hasn't yet seen Justin Timberlake in "Dick in a Box". Will require immediate attention to his education.

No comments: