Thursday, October 11, 2012

Artist>Art>Audience>Medium

Let's consider you're perspective:

If people fail to perceive something as art, or as a performance,
does it then become not art or a performance?
I think when it goes into the world, art is at the mercy of its audience.

I am trying, as a project to me more open and less binary in opinion. I want to make sure that you are not trying to suggest that art cannot exist without audience. An essay, for instance which I have not written, is it a work of art without an audience? Is it a work of art if I never write it?

Chew on that for a while.

I don't want to get arrested to be published, though I might enjoy the aftermath of gaining notoriety. How much can we consider a work of art as separate from the notoriety of the artist. The relationship between the art and the artist is to me more important to the relationship between the audience and the art. I would like to make a diagram which describes the relationship between the artist, the art, the audience and the medium.

No comments: