Friday, September 14, 2012

Housing!

You won't miss out on visiting me in Bolu, I think.

Trying to satisfy three [American? Do I even want to address that here?] women with one apartment is proving to be a daunting task.

There are no Turkish colleagues/ host families who want to (or can) take us in. Furnished apartments in city centre are a bit sketchy and 700TL/month, which is too much, according to all sources. Unfurnished apartments haven't been easy.

I am thinking of you often, and I totally empathize with your housing-finding situation! Or how it's been.


I haven't had the mental energy to deal with the real business of addressing e-mails, but I may tomorrow after  ten-ish hours of sleep (in response to Steve's query). I've been averaging five in Ankara, and my last two nights there I stayed up conversing until all I got was three each.

A couple people there you would've liked. One of them, Olivia, has gone to Kilis on the Syrian border, and I'm considering whether I want to risk a visit.

I wish I had an epiphany. I'm actually in rather dire need of one right now.

No comments: