Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bag Balm...

... Is the junction of excrement and vinegar to my olfactory sense. BUT IT WORKS.


I'm nearing the end of my first two consecutive days off in I-don't-know-how-long (actually I do know-- exactly-- but it's so sick I'm unwilling to say). Billy Joel's Captain Jack is playing on the stereo-- thank you, Michael, for being a Captain Jack karaoke harbinger-- and the dishes, laundry, and general clean-up for Thanksgiving are getting done.

My break from cleaning consists of: slipper socks, blogging, MultiGrain Cheerios and Bag Balm. I haven't had the chance to do this in ages and am relishing the tedium of no company but Luna and no activity but folding clothes. Life-- disrupted by a miraculous fling-- has been almost too exciting of late.

Yesterday we drove out to Monteillet in Dayton for cheese-tasting. Joan is fantastic; she believes in the potential of this valley in a way that inspires my faith and desire to build a life here amongst the vineyards, the houses that need green construction, the art community and the students I love. Also, she revealed the Filipino food joint in Dayton. I'll have to go. Anyone been there?

1 comment:

Michael Espinoza said...

The lesson of today:

Sometimes tedium is life, but not the other way around.

Also:
"He is not augmented by aesthetics; he is merely human, and his humanity, startled and in some cases horizontal, obliterated everything else in the frame."
-Tom Junod, "The Falling Man"
Esquire, September 2003